Associate Pastor of English Ministry (for youth, young adults, and family)
South Bay Chinese Gospel Church (SBCGC) in Fremont, California seeks a full-time English speaking Associate Pastor to minister for English speaking families, young adults, and youth. SBCGC is a local church with congregation that averages 100 to 120 in attendance of all ages in small groups.
The purpose of this ministry is to help renew and transform an existing church into a growing and vital church. We conduct our ministry in both Chinese (Mandarin) and English, though a conversational knowledge of Chinese is important.
The Associate Pastor shall:
- Model a deepening relationship with Christ through prayerful dependence, studying scripture, having a missional mind-set, intentionally creating relationships through a vibrant Christian life.
- Be a faithful man and be in agreement with SBCGC’s theological position and mission statement (http://www.sbcgc.org)
- Lead, equip, and provide accountability for the ministry teams as they carry out the vision of the church. He is also expected to cooperate with the church’s Elders, Lead Pastor, and Leaders.
- Have two years of formal ministerial training and experience
- Preach and teach the Gospel, coordinate worship and other congregational life activities
- Develop relationships and conduct needs assessment with existing youth, young adults and families
- Develop a strategy and programs for reaching unchurched people including but not limited to the Chinese American community and the SBCGC neighborhood
- Provide biblical counseling to church members regarding spiritual matters. Refer to professional counselor when necessary
- Be heavily involved in outreach, follow-up new comers, and providing pastoral visitations
- Fulfill the sacerdotal duties of the pastoral office (i.e. weddings, funerals, ordinances)
- Always accomplish the work of the church, when appropriate, through the work of volunteersPlease send your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org and go to our website www.sbcgc.org to learn more about SBCGC.